- Within the metallurgical context, the daily demands for lime
combined with the customers' limited storage capacity demands the
presence of local and credible coverage.
- Mercer Lime at Branchton, PA represents that natural geographic
supplier. We assume responsibility for assurance of uninterrupted supply
on a timely basis.
- It's simple! We haul our products directly from our plant, and
therefore do not contend with geographic obstacles.
- We respond to intra-day order volatility. That's normal for us!
Corporate Culture and Philosophy
The foundation of our business plan lies within the scope of serving our natural market with prompt and competitive supply of lime and lime derivative products. We are driven by the principles of a "job shop" culture and the conservation of resources. This enables us to serve our customers with flexible customization. This is the vital component that makes Mercer Lime a different brand of lime company.
- Mercer Lime is a lime plant that processes Great Lakes limestone
into high calcium lime. The Company is located seventeen miles north of
Butler on Pennsylvania Route 8, and adjacent to a Bessemer Railroad rail
- Today's customer profile is 100% commercial merchant rather than
captive. Most supply agreements are secured by annual purchase orders
and periodic releases dictate the required demand.
- We serve two primary markets: metallurgical and environmental. The split is 60% steel and 40% treatment of waste streams.